Happy Thanksgiving! It’s a few days late, but the sentiment stands.
I hope you all enjoyed the holiday surrounded by family and friends, with a full plate of food in front of you and a cozy nap spot for your turkey coma. I was able to go home to be with most of my family (my bro and his wife couldn’t make it…booooo), and it was lovely. We went to our traditional pre-Thanksgiving chili night, cooked a beautiful Thanksgiving meal, ate breakfast at the Hobnob in Brown County, cut down and decorated a Christmas tree, and stopped for Dairy Queen on the way home.
In the spirit of the season, here’s a short list of a few things for which I’m thankful:
- Pumpkin pie taste tests.
- Christmas music, especially Perry Como, Kenny and Dolly, Michael Bublé, Bing Crosby, and step-family favorite Jim Reeves.
- Life-long friends who invite you to drink wine around the kitchen island and talk about, like, real life shit…and also Duck Dynasty.
- The ability to buy all the ingredients to make cranberry salsa, which is a revelation.
- An awesome family who always help wash the dishes.
- Experiences that prove life is what you make it, and seeing the incredible difference a year makes.
And I’m very thankful for all of you! Happy holidays – whichever ones you celebrate!